Friday 15 March 2013

Poster

This is the poster to promote the band's first albums release. I kept the brick wall to connect with the audience from the music video, Digipak and now poster. As many artists use their album cover as their poster I wanted to keep elements the same in the hope that people, even those who don't know the band, will see the brick wall and name and connect it with the poster - if they find it appeasing to the eye, having seen it more than once, they will remember the band's name and look them up. I wanted to use the same images of the band in a different way from my Digipak, so I took the images and blacked them out as if they were shadows. In doing this, it adds a bit of mystery to the band. This mystery could again urge curious people to look into the band to see what they look like, by listening to and/or downloading their music video 'Alright'. 
The font I have used on both the Digipak and this poster 'album out 30th march' I have used because I thought the way the colour changes, is like the way it changes on the bricks. I also thought it was very bold and would therefore catch someones eye. By mentioning the single, it might attract people that had heard the song before but not known the band - this would mean bringing in more fans/customers.
By mentioning kerrang! i have again reached out to a different group of people. The Kerrang! fans would now look up the band - especially the hardcore fans as they would want to be one of the first to know the band as people that love music hold a pride in knowing a band before they got very big.

No comments:

Post a Comment