Thursday 18 April 2013

Evaluation: Question two


This is another part to my evaluation, I recorded myself so that you could see what I'm talking about on the screen too.

This is what I say, in case I talk too fast or it would make marking it easier:

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


When it came to combining all three media products together; music video, poster and digipak, I decided that I wanted them all to go together quite naturally. For this reason, I decided to incorporate the brick wall in all of the media products, so that the audience that have watched the video will understand and feel like they are in on some kind of secret. Again, I decided that I wanted the combination of all three media products to relate and benefit the audience’s relationship with the band.

Also, the digipak, poster and video each have the arcade in it. This again makes all three of the media products a very fun, energetic thing that the audience will enjoy equally to the video itself. Though in the poster there is no obvious reference to the arcade, the silhouette of the band members are all different colours, which will relate to the colourful feel of the arcade in all of the other media products. I have used red, white and blue to keep the British pride of the band in all three media products, this is to connect to other bands such as ‘pulp’, ‘the smiths’ and ‘blur’ that are an inspiration to our band and often show buses or typically British things in their own media products. This will also help to relate to a British audience.

On the front of all three media products there is the image of the band altogether, which shows a unity and a genuine friendship of the band. The record label is on both ancillary texts. The fonts are all the same over the ancillary texts, although the media product has no writing in it.  The bright, fun feel is within all three media products, though the brick wall is darkened slightly to make sure that the audience understand that the band are very serious about their music – they just aim to have as much fun in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment